Right now keywords are the beating heart of SEO. After all, the first two letters in SEO stand for search engines. How do search engines work? By taking in key words and producing web pages. The reason we are here is to pick a keyword and get our website to rank for it. The right ranking for the right keyword can produce incredible wealth. The tricky part is finding the correct keyword. I’m here to share with you some creative keyword research tips you might not have thought of.
Think about focusing in. Keyword brainstorming often starts broad, with words like “TV” or “home.” These are great keywords if you can rank in them, but by now it would probably take a multimillion dollar campaign to reach the first page on these. The trick is focusing in. Your keyword should be “new TV” instead of just “TV.” “New Flat-screen TV” is even better. The more specific you get the easier it is to target searchers and rank for your keyword.
Try thinking like a searcher. Many people treat search engines in a very personal way. They don’t just enter in the keyword, they’ll type in full sentences. People who don’t work with computers are so used to conversation that they take this tone with them to their web searches. They won’t just type in shoes, they’ll type in “what shoes should I get for jogging?” Some of these searches get too specific to target, but this approach can get you coming up with new and fruitful keywords you never would have thought of.
Try thinking local. While the internet is worldwide most searchers are particularly interested in where they live. If they’re buying a used car they don’t really care about a dealership thousands of miles away. With this in mind don’t just aim for “used car,” go for “New York Used Car” or “Melbourne Used Car.” Not only will you face less competition, you’ll also be more likely to get paying customers on your site.
Look ahead. Searches differ depending on the time of the year. If its summer most people aren’t thinking about winter. This means summertime is perfect for targeting winter keywords. The same goes for holidays and everything else seasonal. When it comes to SEO it pays to be ahead of the curve.
Open up Google analytics. Google offers such a large array of tools that it’s easy to forget about some of the powerful tools it has to offer. One tool everyone in seo companies in Auckland should use is Google analytics. This tool provides you with detailed statistics on how many people are coming to your site and how they are getting there. With this tool you can find out what people searched for when they found your site. What you find might surprise you. More importantly it can inspire you.
If you start using these 5 tips in no time you’ll start finding keywords you never would have imagined. This is key, because so many keywords have been worked over it’s incredibly important to look out for new sources of web traffic by adwords, know more at https://www.resultsfirst.co.nz/google-adwords/. Happy keyword hunting!
These days, digital agencies are dime a dozen, and therefore they are always looking for ways to gain an edge over the competition. Many of these ‘traditional’ marketing agencies offer core services such as PR and web design – yet they want to be able to offer their clients more. Online marketing is constantly changing, and over the past couple of years search engine optimisation (SEO) has become a very popular (not to mention effective) service.However, many of the more traditional marketing agencies lack the technical knowledge to carry out SEO themselves – it really is a service best left to the specialists. With this being the case, a lot of agencies head down the path of SEO outsourcing. By partnering with a reputable SEO firm, they can offer their clients more without having to actually complete the work themselves.
Finding the right partner
There are a lot of SEO firms out there – and some are much better than others. The SEO industry is known to have its fair share of cowboys, so if you’re looking for a reseller you need to choose carefully – after all, it’s your name at stake!
There are plenty of reputable firms WME out there that offer a reseller service, such as WME Group. These larger agencies will have the resources to cater for a larger client base (which is important if you’re a larger agency yourself). That’s not to say the smaller SEO firms aren’t any good – you just need to choose carefully!
Five questions to ask
When it comes to finding an SEO reseller, here are five questions you should be asking:
1. How do you measure your results? Ideally you want an agency that is outcome-focused. Preferably, they should use metrics such as leads and sales, rather than ‘page one rankings’. Page one rankings do not always equate to a successful campaign.
2. How do you decide on search terms for your clients? It’s important that the agency you choose is able to pick the right keywords for your clients. They should combine search term analysis with a thorough evaluation of the business.
3. How does you SEO service complement other online marketing strategies? SEO is not a service that works alone; it needs to complement the overall marketing strategy. Good SEO firms should recognise this.
4. How do you create content for your clients? Content is a critical component of SEO right now, so it’s important that they understand this. Ideally, you want to find an SEO firm that has an in-house team of writers who produce high quality work.
5. What is your link building strategy? Links are very important when it comes to search engine optimisation at https://www.wmegroup.com.au/seo/. These days, agencies have to be careful about creating links – they need to be of a high quality. Beware of any SEO firms that appear to use spammy/poor quality/black-hat link building tactics. You don’t want to get your clients’ sites penalised!
If possible, find a local SEO firm. It makes it easier to build a better partnership, which is very important in business. Of course, it’ll be easier to find a local SEO firm in the major cities – for example, if your agency offers online marketing in Melbourne, you’ll be spoilt for choice. If you’re working in a regional area, you may need to look further afield in order to find a reputable firm. Just remember, it’s your name on the line – so make sure you find an SEO firm that can do your agency justice!